Soldering Expert Annual Scholarship
The solderingexpert.com Annual Scholarship Program will award a $1,000 scholarship twice annually. The recipients will be students who send an essay of 1500 words, either reviewing a tool, or writing about their experience in using one (e.g. a soldering iron). Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college program. The winning entry has the opportunity to be featured on the website.
Solderingexpert.com publishes reviews and guides related to soldering irons, and electronics. We provide consumers with the necessary information to make an informed purchasing decision.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage exceptional students who have a passion for using and building electronics. As well as the ability to research and write about them. Ideally the applicants area of study would relate to electronics, however any students undertaking study who are enrolled in an accredited college program may apply.
Dates & Deadlines:
- Applications for the first award of the year are accepted until December 31st. The winner will be selected, and awarded shortly after applications close, or by January 10th.
- Applications for the second award are open from Jan 15th through July 15th. The winning applicant will be awarded on the 20th of the same month.
Who can Apply?
Any student that is enrolled in an accredited college program.
How to Apply:
- Write a 1500 word essay (minimum) about your experience using a tool, or a review of a tool. You could include details such as why it is a product of your choice, how does the product perform, and what are the positives and negatives of it. Example articles:
- Forward the completed essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Scholarship essay submission”. Make sure to send the essay using Microsoft Word format.
- Include the following in your application email:
- First and Last Name
- University/College Name
- Phone Number
- Area of Study
- Proof of Enrollment or acceptance for the upcoming quarter or semester
The soldering expert scholarship program is awarded on a bi-annual basis. The Scholarship Award is sent directly to the college where you are attending.
We are now accepting applications for 2018.