Did you know that besides the use of traditional medical treatments to cure diseases, the use of medical equipment to support treatment is being used by many experts and lots of physicians? All patients are encouraged by doctors and therapists to use a method called “diagnostic areas”.
The reflex test hammer is one of the critical components in diagnostic areas. The product has a lot of specialized functions, including acupuncture points to help prevent and treat the disease effectively.
- Rotary Hammer vs Hammer Drill, Impact Drill! The Differences?
- 9 Best Rotary Hammer Drills | Top 2020 Picks & Buyer’s Guide
- 9 Best Framing Hammers 2020 | Top Picks, Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- 9 Best Cordless Hammer Drills | Top Picks 2020, Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Demolition Hammers For Tile Removal | Top Picks 2020, Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
By purchasing the best reflex hammer, it is not only suitable for the elderly, but almost all ages can be used as a relaxing massage method after overloaded days. In terms of these concerns, this article would like to give you a list of five best reflex hammers on the market so far.
Best Reflex Hammers 2020 Reviews
1. MDF555P-11 Tromner Neurological Reflex Hammer
MDF555P-11 Trommer Neurological Reflex Hammer is a high-quality medical tool with precision balance. The unit has a perfect design with precise details in terms of sufficiently elicit muscle responses, detect planter, and superficial abdominal reflexes.
The head and handle of the MDF5550-11 hammer are made from the lightweight material, which provides efficient and productive energy for operation. The tool’s weight also ensures that the user can hold the unit as tight as possible.
However, some customer complains that after long using time, the device is not durable as the bottom portion of the hammer could fall off. The hammer turns to be unbalanced and loses the reflex purpose.
- Head - The balance-weighted...
- Handle - The ergonomic lightweight...
- Brush - The built-in brush at the...
- High-quality material
- Multi-functional features
- Modern design
- Contains built-in brush
- Many options for different colorways and cover materials
- Less durable than other models
In short, MDF555P-11 is still one of the top picks for the best reflex hammer on the market. The unit is designed with up-to-date innovations with multi-functional features.
2. MDF Taylor 2.0 Neurological Reflex Hammer
MDF’s Taylor 2.0 Reflex Hammer is the second version of the MDF’s Tomahawk Reflex Hammer. This version updates with a unique design of a hammerhead.
It has to mention that at the end of the handle, there is a pointed tip that allows the medical experts to elicit superficial reflexes for extra advanced testing. The unit’s head is durable since made from soft-edged silicone, which is innovated with an ergonomically shaped and balanced handle.
However, the MDF’s Taylor 2.0 Reflex Hammer is a high-end product, which comes with the above average-price. It is worthy due to the fantastic benefits that the unit brings to the user, after all.
- Handcrafted Since 1971 | Lifetime...
- PRECISELY BALANCED > extra-long...
- Accurately and effectively elicits...
- Unique design
- Provides a balanced holding experience
- High durability
- Lifetime warranty
- Lightweight and high performance
- High in price
In general, MDF’s Taylor 2.0 Reflex Hammer is an excellent medical tool for both personal and professional needs in testing bone structure. The product contains numerous benefits inside out that would not let anybody down.
3. MDF Babinski Telescoping 2.0 Neurological Reflex Hammer
MDF Babinski Telescoping 2.0 Neurological Reflex Hammer has a circular hammerhead, which offers many benefits and unique features. The tool utilizes its telescoping handles with a compact design that provide a precise examination.
The unit allows the doctor and therapists to make the tests and assessments about bone structure and related body parts’ reflexes with no effort or any advanced techniques.
Same as other MDF units, the Babinski 2.0 is obtained latex-free material, which provides for the patients a better interactive experience.
However, some reviewers complain that the big issue is about the head spins. It is the trade-off of making the unit to be collapsible.
- Handcrafted Since 1971 | Lifetime...
- PRECISELY BALANCED > extra-long...
- Accurately and effectively elicits...
- Compact and lightweight
- Innovated design with higher effectiveness
- Build-in brush and hand-crafted head resting to maximize the performance
- High-quality materials
- Cover parts of the hammer are not durable
Briefly, MDF Babinski Telescoping 2.0 Neurological Reflex Hammer is one of the best therapeutic tools in examine and assess the bone status for both novices and experts.
4. Prestige Taylor Percussion Hammer
Prestige’s Taylor percussion hammer is a medical assessment tool with affordability. The unit is ideal for medical students who need palatable equipment for practice in testing patients’ joint reflexes.
Despite being cheaper than other models, the hammer features a simple but modern design with a triangular rubber head. It utilizes the circular edges for better comfort. The unit comes with a 7.5-inch chrome to increase the durability and lightweight experience.
The tool’s handle is designed with a thick base to generate easier maneuverability and well handling when performing reflex tests. Notably, the product comes with a variety of color choices, including stealth black, blue, orange, and teal.
However, this device would not offer any advanced features for any professional medical testing.
- Simple designs for medical students
- Durable and lightweight
- Comes with choices of colorway
- Not suitable for professional testing purposes
If you are looking for a low-cost reflex hammer, the Prestige’s Taylor hammer is an excellent choice. The device is fantastic for practical students in medical universities.
5. ADC Taylor Neurological Hammer Medical Instrument
ADC’s Taylor Neurological Hammer has a classical design of tomahawk hammer, which provides an efficient response from muscle for testing bone reflexes with minimal effort. The hammer is composed of a seven ¼” chrome handle with latex-free triangular rubber head for optimal testing results.
The head of the hammer is widened for enhancing precision control with a pointed end for holding safety. Moreover, the unit is an affordable product for those who need a necessary reflex hammer for regular and simple tests.
Hence, the only disadvantage of this unit is not suitable for professional medical centers, where the doctors or medical experts require advanced tools for complicated reflex testing.
- Classic design
- Effective performance
- Vary in colorway
- Not suitable for advanced medical testing requirements
In results, for people who interest in a simple reflex hammer with different choices of color, ADC’s Taylor Neurological Hammer is a fantastic unit. The hammer is affordable for those who need simple testing.
Types of Reflex Hammers
Taylor: The Taylor reflex hammer, no doubt, must be the most classic design. The triangular head of the hammer contains rubber cover and the hammer comes with a flat metal handle.
Queen Square: The Queen Square type has an iconic plastic edged round head. The metal shining head is attached with a plastic handle. The reflex hammer is named after the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases in Queen Square, London.
Babinski: The Babinski reflex hammer has a similar design with the Queen Square hammer, despite a metal handle attached. Its handle also telescopes for purpose of storage.
Trömner: The Trömner reflex hammer is a two-headed mallet. It comes with the choices of large and small rubber heads. The larger mallet is used to test tendon stretch reflexes.
Berliner: The Berliner type of reflex hammers has its very own unique shape. The part of the semi-circle disk is made of rubber and attached to its metal handle. Especially, the handle of this type is bent at a 90-degree angle, which makes this kind of reflex hammer looks like a throwing axe.
Usage of Reflex hammers
The reflex hammer is used for multi-functions in medical tests, including:
- Kneading on the shoulders, back, joints gently to relieve pain and bring comfort to patients.
- Reducing back pain, musculoskeletal aches, and pains due to high levels of exercise (athletes and students playing sports), help tendons to exercise and exercise more effectively.
- Helping blood circulation, hammering in the direction of hands and feet to the heart that allows the circulatory system to work better
- Relieve back pain, sciatica, knee pain. In particular, the use of oils and alcohols in combination with this therapy will help to double the effect.
Reflex Hammer Buying Guide
At this moment, the user instruction before purchasing a reflex hammer is listed as below:
- Use the reflex hammer to flatten gently tap at the acupuncture point and surrounding areas, initially lightly working, then gradually increase the hand force to suit the stamina. Repeat the operation for 5 – 10 minutes then rest or move to other positions.
- With this method, you will feel the effect quickly (almost immediately).
- Perform daily or weekly 2-3 times to keep the body healthy.
Before making a purchasing decision, there are some notes as follow:
- Because the product affects the acupuncture points directly, it can be dangerous if you misidentify them. It is best to consult the oriental medicine doctor for the first time.
- Clean the tools after each use to avoid spreading skin diseases
- Store the product in a cool dry place and out of reach of the children.
- Especially when choosing to buy products, you should choose reputable brands, with the brand or code engraved on the body to ensure the purchase of good quality products.
Also, there are variations depending on which tendon reflex you are testing. To test the Achilles tendon and the patellar tendon, the medical expert must make the affected person dangle their legs over the area of the examination table. Then, strike the Achilles tendons on the back of the heel while gently assisting the backside of the foot so it does not fly up and by accident hit in the face. When testing the patellar tendon, stand to the facet of the patient so you will not get hit and strike below the knee cap.
Do I have to consult the direction of doctors before purchasing a reflex hammer?
Because the product affects the acupuncture points directly, it can be dangerous if you misidentify them. It is best to consult the oriental medicine doctor for the first time.
Do I have to clean the hammer frequently?
Clean the tools after each use to avoid spreading skin diseases.
Where I could store the hammer after using it?
Store the product in a cool dry place, out of reach of children.
How to buy high-quality products?
When choosing to buy products, you should choose reputable brands, with the brand or code engraved on the body to ensure the purchase of good quality products.
In terms of the best reflex hammer, our best choice is MDF555P-11 Trommer Neurological Reflex Hammer due to its excellent features from design to performance. The unit is equipped with the most innovative parts such as hammerhead and handle to offer the most desired experience to the customers.
Not only necessary in medical centers, but a reflex hammer can also be used in any household in order to avoid bone problems. Comment below your experience after trying one of our recommended hammers, and do not forget to catch up with our next articles.
Latest Reflex Hammer BestSelling ON SALE Right Now!!!
- Chrome-plated head with two...
- Large and small mallet ends for...
- Lightweight, ergonomic handle...
- The most popular of neuro hammers
- Chrome handle with triangular...
- Latex free
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2020-08-09 at 22:39 via Amazon Product Advertising API.