A lug wrench for tires is everyone’s best friend on the road to aid them in case of tire changing or repairing. The best lug wrench is, indeed, a lifesaver on the road as it saves people’s time and effort used to remove lug nuts.
- Top 9 Best Cheap Torque Wrench For Lug Nuts, Tires & Bikes (2020)
- Top 9 Best Combination Wrench Set For The Money in 2020
- Top 9 Best Corded Electric Impact Wrench For Automotive & Lug Nuts 2020
If you happen to look for a lug wrench for your roadside work, take a look at our list. We have compiled all information and reviews about 5 best lug wrenches in the market nowadays.
Top 5 Best Lug Wrench For Tires 2020
1. CARTMAN TL120404 Telescoping Lug Wrench
The Cartman TL120404 is one best lug wrench for everyone, especially first-timers.
This tool comes with 4 different sockets ranging from 17mm to 22mm, allowing users to fix wheels of most cars. Each socket, made of hardened steel, is labeled with its respective size for easier identifying.
The model features a compact design at 14 inches for easy storage. Yet the telescoping handle can extend up to 21 inches for the maximum leverage.
Moreover, the handle is anti-slip to give users a comfortable and firm grip on the tool. It is also chrome-plated to prevent the tool from corrosion and a reinforced center for extra strength provided.
- Extending handle
- 4 sockets included
- Comes with a carry bag for storage
Cons: The additional 4 sockets are not really deep enough for some users.
- Telescoping handle extends to 21...
- Compacts to 14 inches for easy...
- Hardened steel and precision...
With an affordable price, you will be surprised at how high-quality this wrench is. It can assist you in any average roadside repairing tasks.
2. Gorilla Automotive 1721 Telescoping Power Wrench
This Gorilla Automotive lug wrench is a telescoping type, which can be extended to 21 inches for use and shrink down to 14 inches for easy storage. The product also weighs 2.7 pounds, saving users from a bulky heavy toolbox.
The tool is made from hardened steel with precision construction. It is extremely strong and durable to tackle any heavy-duty lug nuts work with minimum effort. It includes a spring-loaded locking mechanism for easily be extended when in need.
Moreover, this model features a contoured handle for anti-slippery and anti-fatigue while using. The lug wrench comes with a polybag for convenient storage and secure protection.
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Double-sided sockets
- Polybag included for storage.
Cons: A bit expensive.
- Telescoping handle extends to 21...
- Compacts to 14 inches for easy...
- Hardened steel and precision...
This is considered as one best lug wrench obviously for its convenience of easy storage and extending design, as well as its super-durable construction.
3. Powerbuilt 940559 Universal Lug Wrench
This lug wrench from Powerbuilt made from carbon steel material, chrome-plated and fully polished. This factor does not only help maximize the lug wrench’s lifespan but also enhance the attractive solid look of it. It will even allow the wrench to withstand rust and corrosion.
This tool comes with 4 sockets, allowing users to work with 4 different lug sizes ranging from 17mm to 22mm. All of these sockets are standard size, so you can handle almost all the automotive jobs.
The Powerbuilt 940559 Universal Lug Wrench, being a cross-style wrench, gives users a 4-way tool. Hence, the versatility. Despite the cross design, this tool features an option of 14-inch arms that are compact enough for easier storage.
- Sturdy construction
- 4 lug sizes
- Lifetime warranty
Cons: The arms are not padded, might cause fatigue or uncomfortable.
- Chrome Plated Fully Polished Carbon...
- Lug Size: 11/16 & 17mm,3/4 &...
- Lifetime Warranty
This solid tool at an affordable price will be an excellent choice for anyone looking for the best lug wrench.
4. EPAuto Telescoping Lug Wrench
The EPAuto Telescoping lug wrench features outstanding durability and sturdiness. It is made from hardened, treated Chrome Vanadium steel alloy (Cr-V). This allows the tool to tackle any kind of bolts and nuts at ease, even the most heavy-duty ones.
This model with its telescoping design can be extended to 19 inches for the maximum leverage and collapse to 13 inches for easy and compact storage. There is also a convenient bag added to the lug wrench for better preservation of the tool.
The lug wrench from EPAuto comes with 4 different sockets, respectively 17mm, 19mm, 21mm, and 22mm. All of these standard-size sockets will help users handle a wide variety of applications.
- Sturdy and Durable
- Telescoping design for easy storage
- Lightweight (2.3 pounds).
Cons: The sockets are not deep enough or can’t fit the small lug nuts.
Heavy-duty, long-lasting (and cheap), this tool is the best lug wrench for any mechanics or starters out there.
5. EPAuto 14″ Heavy Duty Universal Lug Wrench
Another product comes from EPAuto, a brand well-known for its effective and easy-to-use automotive tools. This time is a cross-style lug wrench.
This model features solid and sturdy construction as it is made from forged and heat-treated carbon steel. This offers outstanding strength to tackle any heavy-duty automotive tasks. The product is chrome-plated as well, for it to withstand any rust or corrosion.
The lug wrench comes with 4 socket heads from 17mm to 22mm, which can fit almost every common lug nut size. Moreover, the arms of this wrench are just at 14 inches, compact enough to store in any places, even small trunks.
- Sturdy, Anti-corrosion
- Compact size for easy storage
- 4 sockets included.
Cons: Not big enough for heavy-duty work.
- Durability: Made from Forged heat...
- Corrosion-Resistant: Chrome Plated
- 14 inches body length for easy...
Cheap and compact design yet this lug wrench still features a sturdy and durable construction. Worth its place in this list of best lug wrenches.
How to Find The Best Lug Wrench in 2020
Lug wrenches are one essential tool for any garage or roadside works but usually are the most to be neglected. The best lug wrench will help you much more than you think. It can last for a long time, comfortable on hands to avoid fatigue, and strong enough to tackle all the tasks needed to get done.
- Top 5 Best Dial, Beam & Click Inch Pound Torque Wrench (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Torque Wrench For Bike Maintenance (2020 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Strap Wrenches For Faucets, PVC Pipes & Shower Head
With so many lug wrenches available on the market nowadays, it’s hard work sometimes to really pick out the best lug wrench for your own. Understand that factor, we attach here our buyer’s guide to help you. These are a few things you should pay attention to when getting a new lug wrench.
Type of your vehicle
- Which vehicles you are using?
- Which type of lug nut does it feature?
Knowing well about your vehicle will be the first step to get yourself the best lug wrench. Lug wrenches available in different sizes and types, thus, each one will fit differently to different vehicles and different sizes of lug nuts.
If you own a car or small trucks, you might opt for small, thin-wall wrenches. Those can be used in narrow spaces. In contrast, if your vehicle is big, you should consider a more heavy-duty one. They will be deep and strong enough to handle those big wheels.
The best lug wrench will be the tool that can handle your vehicle’s wheels and fits to work with its lug nuts.
After confirming the size and type of lug wrench needed for your work, the material is another essential factor to be considered. It will determine whether your lug wrench is strong and durable enough for the work.
Steel is nice, but sometimes chrome-plated or heat-treated chrome vanadium is a much better option.
The majority of lug wrenches in the market now come with a set of different-size sockets. Thus, you might consider picking those sets so you don’t have to buy new separate sockets.
The sockets included with the wrench are often all standard size (namely 17mm, 19mm, 21mm, and 22mm), allowing the tool to fit with almost all kinds of lug nuts. This is the versatility you can have once purchase a lug wrench set.
The handle plays a vital role in your comfort while using a lug wrench.
Longer handle offers more pressure and more leverage for maximum torque, so your lug wrench can tackle heavy-duty lug nuts at ease. Meanwhile, short handle or short arm length keeps the wrench compact for easy storage, hence, the portability.
Pick a lug wrench that suits the scale of your work, and fits the storage area in your garage or trunk.
Aside from the length, the grip also contributes to the comfort and safety of users.
The best lug wrench is the tool that features a handle that offers both a firm grip and a comfort handle. This handle is often padded or rubberized.
- Top 7 Best Wrench Organizers For Tool Box Drawers (2020 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Socket Wrench Set For Cars In 2020 Reviews
- Top 9 Best Oil Filter Wrench For Semi Truck, Harley Davidson, Toyota & Honda
This factor will ensure you have a safe time working with the lug wrench while still keeping your hand away from fatigue.
Question: When do I need to use a lug wrench?
Answer: Just like its name, a lug wrench is ideally used to remove lug nuts. It’s a lifesaver in any case of roadside incidents that needed to change tires. Or some people will also prefer to have one lug wrench in their home garage, for times they need to change a flat tire before heading out.
Question: How to loosen a lug nut?
Answer: If you’re the first-timer to try changing a tire, here are some steps to loosen a lug nut:
- Park your car on the desired place, make sure to set the brake to parking.
- Remove the hubcap (if any) to access the lug nuts.
- Place your lug wrench on a lug nut and turn it in the counter-clockwise direction. (The universal rules for any screw, bolt or nut: counter-clockwise to loosen and clockwise to tighten).
- Repeat the same step to the rest of the lug nuts, it doesn’t matter which one you loosen first.
Question: Why does my lug nut get stuck and what should I do to remove it?
Answer: There are many reasons a lug nut gets stuck but most of the time it is because of corrosion or rust. Sometimes, over-tightening might also cause a lug nut to be stuck.
If you got into this situation, here is what you should do:
- Make sure your vehicle is set to park. Stuck nuts require more strength and leverage to be removed so you wouldn’t want your car to move in the meantime.
- Break off the rust part.
- Apply penetrating oil around the nut. Leave it there for a while for the oil to soak in (at least 10 minutes if you are in a hurry).
- Try to remove the lug nut again.
Question: What is the most common lug nut size ?
Answer: There are 4 standard lug nut size: 17mm, 19mm, 21mm and 22mm. If you have these 4 sockets, you can already tackle more than 90% of any tasks needed a lug wrench.
Finding the best lug wrench for your garage or your roadside tasks might be tricky sometimes as there are so many products available in the market recently. With our top 5 product reviews and the buyer’s guide, we hope you now have enough information to get yourself a lug wrench that meets all your needed and requirements.
Check Out Latest Lug Wrenches BestSeller ON SALE!
- Chrome plated lug wrench
- Extra protection centers for extra...
- Lug sizes included: 17mm(11/16"),...
- Chrome plated drop forged steel for...
- Folding Design Allows For Easy...
- Sizes available:11/16", 3/4",...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2020-02-13 at 03:40 via Amazon Product Advertising API.