This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
There are always somethings that you have to use the hacksaw for your DYI project. But do you know how to choose the best hacksaws for your work & DIY projects? Bellows are everything you need to know before buying and use a hacksaw.
As a big fan of the DIY items, I always want to create the small stuff and decorations item for my house. When it comes to metal and wooden things, the professional carpenter will use a saber saw, table saw, or jigsaw.
But, you are not licensed, and you don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for the big saw like this. In this case, you have another option: Hacksaw. And this article is a detailed review of the best hacksaw and everything you need to know about it.
Top 5 Best Hacksaw You Should Consider
So, let’s come to the list of Best Hacksaw in 2020. Below are the five options for you to consider.
AIRAJ 12 Hacksaw Frame Adjusts Tension – The Best Hacksaw!
Here are the strong points that make AIRAJ hacksaw become one of the best hacksaws in 2019:
- Super-easy- installation: there is one button on the frame, and everything you have to do is putting this button to replace the blade.
- Seven- saw- blades: AIRAJ has seven different saw blades for the full application. The different blades make it very easy to cut different materials without worrying about buying a new saw.
- High – quality materials: the AIRAJ is made of high-quality steel that is hard, solid and durable. As I mentioned above, I used it to cut the dead tree before. And unless you put it in water or acid liquid like lemon juice, it could last for years.
But, the AIRAJ is mostly for cutting PVA or wooden materials, and for the thin metals. If you want to cut thick metals, I am afraid that you have to find another hacksaw.
- [THICKEN MAGIC SAW BODY]: Made from...
- [ADJUSTABLE ELASTIC]: Adjustable...
- [WIDE APPLICATION]: Contains 7...
Stanley 15-809 Metal Mini Hacksaw – The Most Comfortable Handle Hacksaw
If you are looking for a hacksaw that could fit your tool tote, Stanley will be the best choice for you. One strong point of this product is that it is a mini size. So you can quickly and comfortably use the hacksaw in small areas like under the sink or inside the cabinet.
With the metal blade, the Stanley can slice through PVC piping or wood material. I have to say that the cut sometimes can not be as smooth as you expect. Besides, the installation takes you less than five minutes, and you can find the replace blade in every shop.
And what I like most about this hacksaw is the handle. The handle is very comfortable, lightweight and motivated you to move your hands.
Well, about your hands, you should use a rubbish bag to cover it, or at least cover the blade. And don’t forget to put it on top of your tool tote to protect your hands.
- Stanley - Black & Decker
- Comes with high-performance, 10"...
- High Quality New!!!!!!!
Lenox 20975-975 Mini Hacksaw – The Best Small Hacksaw
Lenox is the best hacksaw for people who are looking for a mini hacksaw that could cut the metals. The mini size of the Lenox is fantastic for small jobs that large hacksaws can’t do.
Its frame is made of aluminum. And Lenox has a ten-inch blade with the perfect design for a sharp and sweet cut. So, even it is so lightweight, and it could cut wood and even metal, too.
And do you know why we can use them in almost every tiny area? That is thanks to the small end of the saw: the producers extended it out from the frame so you can easily reach the farthest corner.
The point is, you have to pay less than ten dollars for a small but durable hacksaw. Why don’t you try?
- Manufacturer model number...
- Blade Length 10 inchesIncludes one...
- Compact and Mini saws are for...
Klein Tools 702-12 Hacksaw – Best Heavy Duty Hacksaw for Professionals
Klein Tools is the leader in hand tool manufacturing from 1857. Thanks to their long experience, there is almost nothing to complain about their products, except for the high price. However, they have the best quality hacksaw for professionals.
Why is it for “professional”? It is because of the heavy-duty and reliable frame, the sharp and high-quality blade. This hacksaw can adjust blade tension up to 30,000 PSI. And as a result, you can make fast and precise cuts.
- Size: 1-Pack high-tension hacksaw
The packet includes two blades: 24 TBI bi-metal blade and 24 TPI bi-metal reciprocating saw blade. However, the blade storage cannot accommodate a standard 12inches hacksaw blade which is not convenient at all.
GREAT NECK SAW MFG. 100 – Best Hacksaw For Metal
High Neck is the best hacksaw when it comes to cut metals and stainless steel materials. Great Neck hacksaw is an excellent hacksaw for the price. It is very sturdy with a professional-looking and professional 3-1/2 blade.
With Great Neck, you can cut thick metal, wood, or whatever you want. The Great Neck blade can help you to make the smoothest and most beautiful cut.
However, the installation is not very easy. And this is not an adjustable hacksaw, which means you can only apply one type of blade for this saw.
P/S: Since Greatneck MFG 100 is not available on market anymore. We highly recommend using the next best option: GreatNeck 15550 12 Inch Heavy Duty
- Versatile Frame Can Be Used as a...
- Dipped Rubber Grip for Control and...
- Recommended for Cutting Wood (Bow...
If you want to cut different materials with different thicknesses and sizes, I am afraid that you have to find other saws.
Everything You Should Know About Hack Saws
We are trying our best to create more tools that help to make our daily working easier. And that is the aim of the Hacksaw. And before looking for the best Hacksaw for you, I want to recommend that you should stop using a knife to cut the wood and metal for your DYI project.
What is a hacksaw?
A hacksaw is a saw which has a metal frame for cutting plastic, metal, wood and some small household items. The ordinary Hacksaw often has the U – shaped frame to hold the blade and the handle at one end for easy using.
The hacksaw blade could be 8 inches, 10 inch or 12 inches depend on the type of the Hacksaw. And depending on the user ambition, the edge can be from 14 to 32 teeth per inch (TPI). TPI is also the feature to classify the different types of Hacksaw.
Types of Hacksaw
- The regular Hacksaw has the alternating teeth to the left and right, which is best for softer metals.
- The Raker hacksaw, which has the sets of three teeth is best for cutting thick metals.
- The Wavy Hacksaw set their teeth in a wave pattern to create a smooth cut. This type of Hack saw is good at cutting hard but thin metals and wood stuff.
About the frame, there are two standard frames: fixed and adjustable. The adjustable frame is often more expensive than the fixed frame. But it worth to pay because it could meet your user requirements better than the other one.
How To Install And Use A Hack saw?
Each blade has a hole at the end that fits the frame’s posts for the four positions: left-right and up-downtown. To apply the blade, you need to insert these holds onto posts by turning the adjuster on the handle of the frame. Then tighten the adjuster to make sure it can’t release when using. And that’s all
When applying, you should firmly place the stuff in a vice, then put the center of the blade on the cutting line, then moving the Hack saw following the path.
Remember to keep your hands away from the sharp teeth. And if you are not a professional, you should cut slowly first, don’t be so hurry!
Tips For Using Hacksaw – Hacksaw to Cut Metal, Wood & Plastic
- A drop of oil is perfect when cutting metals, and it could help to reduce temperature and friction.
- Only use the Hacksaw after seeing the blade is aligned correctly.
- Direct the cut away from you.
- Use the whole length of the blade when cutting instead of using a small middle term.
- You can cut quickly with soft materials, but for metals and other thick material, you have to cut slowly.
- To maintain the Hack saw, you have to confirm two factors: firstly, the blade is fit with frame and handle. Secondly, the module is suitable for the things that you need to cut.
- 9 Best Caulking Guns You Should Consider to Use in Your Project
- 9 Best Caulking For Shower In 2020? Find The Right Best Tub Caulking!
- 7 Best Diamond Sharpening Stones| Top Picked and Highly Rated 2020
- 9 Best Plier Sets in 2020 – Top Rated Sets and Buyers Guide
- 9 Best Paint Scraper in 2020 – Top Rated paint Scrapers and Buying Guides
- 9 Best Nail Pullers 2020 – Top Picks, Reviews, and Buying Guide
- 9 Best Cuticle Nippers 2020 | Top Picks, Reviews & Buyers Guide
FAQs – Tips for choosing a suitable hacksaw
How to select efficient hack saw?
You have to check if the blade and the thickness recommendations carefully before making the decision.
For example, this hack saw is best for a piece of metal that thickness is less than 5 inches. You can easily find these data on the packaging.
What TPI means and what is suitable for me?
TPI means teeth per inch. The 18 TPI blade is suitable for the heavy-duty task and 24 TPI blade is suitable for the medium-duty cutting jobs.
At first glance, you may feel like “oh, they are all the same!”. But these blades are different! And the most critical difference is the number of teeth per inch.
As I mentioned in the first part of this article, the TPI will decide the efficiency of your hacksaw. And you should choose the suitable blade base on the things that you need to cut.
How to choose a hack saw blade?
You should choose base on 3 factors: material, efficiency, and flexibility.
When selecting the blade material, you have to pay as much attention as possible to the two factors: efficiency and flexibility. The harder the blade is, the more efficient it will be, and it means the less flexible it will be, too.
So, there is now two option for you to choose:
- Firstly, Lashercut rock is the best hacksaw blade for professional. These blades are hard but brittle.
- And secondly, the Laspropro which is made of high-speed steel is the best hacksaw blade for general usage.
How to choose a hacksaw size?
Mini size hacksaw with a long handle will be the best for small are. But if you are only interested in DIY things, you can choose the standard size.
In this article, I have a detailed review of both standard size and mini size hacksaw. So, when will you choose the mini size and when will you choose the big size?
In this case, you have to take a closer look at your house and what will you do. Don’t forget to pay attention to the frame materials and shape. You’d better go to the store and check it by yourselves to directly feel and try before buying.
Conclusion – Best Hacksaw For Cutting Metal, Wood?
In this article is everything you need to know about the hack saw, including the tips of using a hacksaw, the best hacksaw in 2019 and buying guide, too. I hope that this article can help you to choose the best hacksaw for you, and use them safely and efficiently.
If you have any experiences and tips for using a hack saw, feel free to share it with us! And if you want us to review any other products, don’t hesitate to write to us!
And don’t forget to check out more buyers guide for Hand Tools here!
Bonus: How To Use Hack saw to Cut Metal
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2020-11-27 at 07:40 via Amazon Product Advertising API.